Welcome to another edition of From Cincinnati! On this week’s show: Katie Laur. Katie has...Read More
Series: From Cincinnati
You may not have heard of fashion designer David Meister. He’s one of those behind-the-scenes people who make the glittery stars look so glittery and beautiful on the red carpet and elsewhere. But if you like clothing and you like celebrities, you may have heard of him. And he just so happens to be from Cincinnati.
After graduating from the University of Cincinnati’s Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning college, Meister left Cincinnati and headed for fashion stardom – with a few bumps and bruises along the way. Whether it was helping Joan Rivers hilariously rate some celebrities outfits on … Read the restRead More
Heather French Henry, or Heather Renee French, or as I once knew her, just “Heather” the page designer. Or maybe the-one-who-would-not-go-out-with-us, as I would remind her.
Heather and I have known each other since college, where she was the very kind, very capable DAAP fashion design major and, apparently, a beauty pageant contestant who happened to kill some time doing ad design and layout at the illustrious University of Cincinnati student newspaper, The News Record. That also happened to be the same student newspaper where I cut my teeth in journalism, was … Read the restRead More
In From Cincinnati’s inaugural edition we welcome Jay Moriarty, television writer and producer – now author (see below) – and a guy who is definitely From Cincinnati.
As you’ll hear in the episode, Moriarty was a boy on a mission who turned into a man on a mission, when, in 1968, he took his new bride (after they married in Cincinnati) and headed west with one goal in mind: Get a job writing for television.
After some … Read the restRead More
S(o)up’s On! Podcast
- Dispelling rumors and getting records February 16, 2020
- PODCAST: Loveland superintendent, Part 2 November 4, 2019
- NEW PODCAST: Levy talk: Part 1 with Dr. Amy Crouse November 3, 2019
From Cincinnati Podcast
- Katie Laur: Bluegrass music pioneer March 2, 2020
- Fashion Designer David Meister February 24, 2020
- Michael Flannery has heart – and laughs February 17, 2020
- Heather French Henry: Miss America 2000, politician December 30, 2019
- Jay Moriarty, TV writer and producer December 29, 2019
- NEW PODCAST: Who do you know “From Cincinnati?” December 12, 2019