EDITORS NOTE: This information is provided by the city of Loveland, Ohio's website. Loveland Local News is not responsible for the content in this post. For more information, contact the city of Loveland City Hall at (513) 683-0150.
- 7 p.m.
- The 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Municipal Building
City Council Chambers
120 W Loveland Avenue
Loveland, OH 45140
Agendas & Minutes
City Council Meeting Packets are available online prior to each Council Meeting. Information on action taken at Council Meetings can be obtained from the City Manager’s Office by calling or emailing the office the day following the meeting.
Under the Home Rule Charter adopted in 1961, the City is administered by a council/manager form of government with seven council members elected at large on a non-partisan basis for four-year terms. Elections are held every two years and rotate between three and four seats. The mayor, who is selected by council from its ranks, presides at council meetings and is the City representative at functions.
City Council members are not full-time employees of the City, and many have full-time jobs in addition to their elected positions.
Loveland’s jurisdictional boundaries are in three counties: Hamilton, Clermont and Warren, covering 5.2 square miles.
There are several types of actions considered by Council during the meetings:
- Ordinances are formal enactments of laws, which include regulations, purchase or sale of property, appropriation of funds and other formal action required by law.
- Resolutions are non-regulatory actions by Council which state the intentions of Council, which include authorization of contracts, adoption of policies or procedures, adoption of plans or programs, recognition of individuals or events, etc.
- Motions are actions by Council that provide policy direction from City Council, which may include, directing the City Manager to provide a report on a particular subject, refer a matter to Council committees for action or follow up report, setting public hearings or special meeting dates, etc.
- Proclamations are ceremonial acts, usually to proclaim an event recognized in the City of Loveland.